A Monroe County Sheriff's Office vehicle.
A Monroe County Sheriff's Office vehicle.
Home » News » Local News » Michigan » Officials: Motorcyclist ejected, killed in Monroe Co. crash
Michigan

Officials: Motorcyclist ejected, killed in Monroe Co. crash

A motorcyclist died in a weekend crash in Monroe County, officials said.

The incident was reported around 9:18 p.m. Saturday on Secor and St. Anthony roads in Bedford Township, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said.

Video Thumbnail

Arnold Meiring, 68, was traveling north on Secor Road in a black 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. While turning on St. Anthony Road, he was struck by a black motorcycle headed southbound, according to authorities.

Meiring’s car came to a controlled stop on the north side of St. Anthony Road. However, the motorcyclist, 48-year-old Clayton Devol, was ejected. The motorcycle came to a rest on Secor Road then caught fire, police said.

Devol was pronounced dead on the scene. Meiring was not injured.

Officials said alcohol was a factor in the crash in addition to Devol not wearing a helmet. The off-road motorcycle also did not have a headlight or taillight and was unauthorized for road use, according to authorities.

Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call (734) 240-7548. They can also submit anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Michigan at 1-800-SPEAKUP.

As of May 19, Michigan State Police said there were 251 deaths so far in 2026. In addition, 88 more were seriously injured, leaving a total of 1,406 this year.

mjohnson@detroitnews.com

This article originally appeared on The Detroit News: Officials: Motorcyclist ejected, killed in Monroe Co. crash

Reporting by Myesha Johnson, The Detroit News / The Detroit News

USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect

Image

Related posts

Leave a Comment