Home » News » National News » Wisconsin » Wauwatosa to bring back Fourth of July fireworks in 2026 at new launch site, not Hart Park
Wisconsin

Wauwatosa to bring back Fourth of July fireworks in 2026 at new launch site, not Hart Park

After two years of Fourth of July nights without traditional fireworks in the sky, Wauwatosa’s fireworks display is planned to return in 2026 at a new location.

The 2026 fireworks display will launch south of Hoyt Park at Swan Boulevard, between Underwood Parkway and Discovery Parkway on July 4 around 9:15 p.m., according to the city.

Video Thumbnail

In 2024, first-responder staffing challenges and public safety concerns played into the decision to first cancel that year’s Fourth of July fireworks and then to move the display to Tosa’s Night Out in August, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel previously reported.

The decision frustrated residents, compelling nearly 200 people to sign one person’s Change.org petition to try to restore the fireworks show to its July date.

Then in 2025, a July 2 drone show replaced the city’s traditional booming fireworks.

The return to fireworks is exciting for spectators, and for those who worked to bring them back, according to Wauwatosa Communications Manager Eva Ennamorato.

Volunteers on the Civic Celebration Commission, city staff, and fire and police departments worked together to determine a new spot to launch fireworks in 2026 and in future years, Ennamorato said.

The groups agreed that Hart Park, where residents enjoyed the fireworks show for years, is no longer an option due to the launching site’s proximity to homes and businesses, Ennamorato said.

The new Swan Boulevard location has plenty of space for launching fireworks, and there’s potential for larger fireworks shells there, Ennamorato said.

Residents are encouraged to view the fireworks from nearby parks and open spaces, according to the city. The Civic Celebration Commission may discuss a specific viewing area closer to the event, according to Ennamorato.

Bridget Fogarty covers Brookfield, Wauwatosa and Elm Grove for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. She can be contacted at bfogarty@gannett.com.

This article originally appeared on Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Wauwatosa to bring back Fourth of July fireworks in 2026 at new launch site, not Hart Park

Reporting by Bridget Fogarty, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel / Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect

Related posts

Leave a Comment