16-year-old Madison Fields.
16-year-old Madison Fields.
Home » News » National News » Ohio » Man arrested in Colerain teen disappearance, linked to similar 2024 case
Ohio

Man arrested in Colerain teen disappearance, linked to similar 2024 case

A man connected to the disappearance of a Colerain Township teen was arrested and has also previously been investigated for allegedly transporting a different teen across state lines.

The FBI told Fox News that investigators and local law enforcement agencies identified and arrested a Tennessee man, who they identified as Negron, in connection to the disappearance of 16-year-old Madison Fields, who went missing in mid-February.

Video Thumbnail

Agents also determined the man was investigated in 2024 after another teenage girl from Texas was transported for sexual activity.

Madison was found safe in Florida, according to a March 13 release from the FBI. Negron’s charges are currently pending.

FBI Director Kash Patel praised the operation, which was coordinated between multiple field offices, along with local police and the elite Hostage Rescue Team. He added that protecting children from violent criminals is a top priority and that the teams “no doubt saved lives.”

“This case is the best of the FBI working with our great local partners: Acting quickly, using elite technology capabilities, and deploying the best of the best tactical units to find the alleged kidnapper and very likely save a young girl’s life,” Patel said in a statement sent to The Enquirer.

“Protecting kids against violent criminals has been a top priority of this FBI from the start, and day after day our teams continue to get it done all across this country. Our Cincinnati, Nashville, and Jacksonville field offices working with local partners – as well as our incredible Hostage Rescue Team – all did outstanding work in this case and no doubt saved lives.”

The Enquirer has reached out to the FBI to ask for Negron’s full identity and more information on his involvement in the 2024 case, but the agency declined to provide further details.

In addition to the arrest of Negron, Kyle D. Lawrence, 43, who officials say stayed with Madison at a Sharonville hotel two weeks before she disappeared, was indicted March 12 on federal sexual exploitation charges.

A Buffalo resident, Lawrence has not been charged in connection with the disappearance of Madison, but a federal magistrate judge ordered that he remain in custody pending trial. He is charged in U.S. District Court in Cincinnati.

Enquirer reporters Matthew Cupelli and Kevin Grasha contributed.

This article originally appeared on Cincinnati Enquirer: Man arrested in Colerain teen disappearance, linked to similar 2024 case

Reporting by Gillian Stawiszynski, Cincinnati Enquirer / Cincinnati Enquirer

USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect

Image

Related posts

Leave a Comment