Stellantis has a plan to reverse a yearslong backslide and will spend Thursday, May 21, unveiling the details of its new plan – tech sector partnerships, shifting 70% of its investment to just four of its 14 brands and a nearly $70 billion injection of cash into its operations – to investors and the news media at its sprawling headquarters in Auburn Hills.
The overhaul in strategy comes after a brutal 2025 for the automaker, which posted a $26 billion loss after pivoting away from EVs and canceling most electrification programs, like its all-electric Ram 1500 pickup. The automaker ate all of the losses – again, about $26 billion worth – and said by May it would reveal a new strategic plan that it hoped would finally right the ship.
Stellantis, the parent company of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram in the United States and about 10 other European nameplates, previously ditched its last EV-focused strategic plan, dubbed “Dare Forward 2030,” after it became clear the company would be unable to attain the sustainability-minded goals that emphasized an EV-heavy portfolio.
Dare Forward 2030 was issued under the company’s former CEO, Carlos Tavares, who resigned from Stellantis at the end of 2024. About a year ago, Stellantis tapped former Jeep boss Antonio Filosa to take over as CEO. Filosa, who is leading many of the investor day presentations, has already shuffled around the executive leadership since taking over and gotten a jumpstart on some of the automaker’s new plans, which it is finally expressing in plain terms.
The whole plan, dubbed “FaSTLAne 2030,” rests on six pillars, the company said, including a bevy of new vehicle releases and significant shifts in the brand’s focus of attention – and funding – among its broad portfolio. It’s a high-stakes bid for investor trust after the automaker’s stock had slid to its lowest point in all of company history, hovering around $7 a share.
The highlights
According to a press release shared with the news media at Auburn Hills, these are the main points Stellantis is emphasizing in its “FaSTLAne 2030” roadmap.
Chrysler, Dodge to take back seat
In the new plan, Stellantis is significantly shifting its focus away from some of its most iconic brands. In the United States, Chrysler and Dodge, two of the automaker’s longest-running nameplates, will continue on, but in a lesser role as most funding is directed toward Ram and Jeep.
Chrysler, once one of the most recognizable car brands in the world, currently only offers a minivan, the Pacifica. In a presentation slide deck shared by Stellantis, the automaker said it expects Chrysler to grow in volume, despite lessening its investment, adding: “Chrysler will expand affordable models for volume growth.”
It is unclear if new models bearing the Chrysler nameplate will be announced.
Dodge, which currently offers two models, the Durango and Charger, also is targeting growth. The company had previously announced plans to refresh the Durango, one of its best-selling vehicles, and is currently rolling out an all-new lineup of Chargers, including an EV version and two gas-powered muscle cars.
While Jeep and Ram are targeting global growth, Chrysler and Dodge will now be classed as “regional brands” focusing on the North American market. The automaker also will focus on developing Fiat and Peugeot for the global market, while European badges like Citroën, Opel and Alfa Romeo will also be classed as regional brands. Those regional brands will be based on technologies and development from the core brands, Jeep, Ram, Fiat and Peugeot.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Liam Rappleye covers Stellantis and the UAW for the Detroit Free Press. Contact him: LRappleye@freepress.com.
This article originally appeared on Detroit Free Press: Stellantis overhauls strategy, announces sweeping changes to business
Reporting by Liam Rappleye, Detroit Free Press / Detroit Free Press
USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect

