Dec 15, 2024; Houston, Texas, USA; Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Patrick Paul (52) in action during the game against the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-Imagn Images
Dec 15, 2024; Houston, Texas, USA; Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Patrick Paul (52) in action during the game against the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-Imagn Images
Home » News » National News » Florida » Dolphins lineman has visions of violence playing with first-round pick
Florida

Dolphins lineman has visions of violence playing with first-round pick

The Miami Dolphins added one of the top offensive linemen in the 2026 NFL draft when they took Alabama’s Kadyn Proctor with pick No. 13 in the first round after trading back one spot.

While Proctor played left tackle in college, the Dolphins plan to keep Patrick Paul at that spot and move the rookie inside to guard, at least to start.

Video Thumbnail

The team has been back in the building for a few weeks, and started their organized team activities a few days ago, and while they’ve only worked together for a bit now, Paul seems to like having Paul around.

“First impressions, man, he’s a baller,” Paul told reporters earlier this week. “He’s fast, he’s physical and for someone his size, he moves extremely well. Just happy to have him in the room. He’s a great guy, a lot of personality.”

Proctor started 39 games at Alabama and earned both All-SEC and All-American honor during his time with the Crimson Tide. Now, Paul is picturing the duo dominating together in the NFL.

“[We’re going to] maul people. Definitely move people, be obstructing and be a force for sure,” Paul said.

Paul, the team’s second-round pick in 2024, stands at 6-foot-7 and weighs 326 pounds, while Proctor stands at 6-foot-7 and weighs 352 pounds himself. However, Paul doesn’t believe their size will change the way he plays.

“No, you know it’s all about really how we approach things on the o-line,” Paul explained. “For someone his size, it’s definitely going to be fun. It’s going to be something different because he’s a large man, he’s large, so it’s going to be fun. But just getting those fits and I think it’s going to be special what we’re able to do.”

If both guys are healthy and play up to their potential, new Dolphins quarterback Malik Willis should be protected from his blindside.

More Dolphins: Dolphins made a small request with the NFL for their 2026 schedule

This article originally appeared on Dolphins Wire: Dolphins lineman has visions of violence playing with first-round pick

Reporting by Mike Masala, Dolphins Wire / Dolphins Wire

USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect

Image

Related posts

Leave a Comment