Update: Mark Sanchez’s mugshot was taken Oct. 12, after he was released from the hospital and was processed by the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.
Will Mark Sanchez’s mugshot ever be released?
It’s been three days since former NFL quarterback and Fox Sports analyst Mark Sanchez was involved in a downtown Indianapolis stabbing, and while he’s shown up on Marion County jail log data, a booking photo has not followed.
That’s because Sanchez was never booked inside the Marion County Adult Detention Center following his arrest Oct. 4.
He was recovering in a hospital, after all, and has since remained there. IndyStar learned that the 38-year-old was still hospitalized the morning of Oct. 7.
Sanchez was stabbed by a 69-year-old truck driver after attacking him, court documents allege. Sanchez was taken to Eskenazi Hospital, and officials initially reported him in critical condition before he was stabilized. Later in the afternoon of Oct. 4, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police announced his arrest on misdemeanor charges.
Since then, the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office added a felony charge of battery to his misdemeanor charges, the other man filed a lawsuit against him, and Sanchez’s family released a statement about the situation.
Could we see a Mark Sanchez booking photo?
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police’s original statement on Sanchez’s arrest following his hospitalization said that he was still in the hospital and not booked into the Adult Detention Center.
Arrest log data shows that a Mark Sanchez with the same birthday as the Fox Sports analyst was booked electronically for Oct. 4, with misdemeanor battery, criminal trespassing and public intoxication charges. But arrest log data doesn’t show Sanchez physically booked inside the Marion County Jail following his stabbing.
Sanchez’s cash bond on the misdemeanor charges was set at $300. Since that initial bond was paid while he was hospitalized, he was released from custody, which means he is no longer being monitored by law enforcement, according to police.
“It’s common for individuals to post bond prior to their initial hearing if a bond has been set by the court,” Marion County Prosecutor’s Office spokesperson Michael Leffler told IndyStar. “To my knowledge, any attorney can request to move an initial hearing.”
An initial hearing in the case was set for Oct. 7 but waived, and updated bond information was not listed in online court records. The next hearing scheduled in the case is a pretrial conference set for Nov. 4.
That’s when, according to police, Sanchez would have his booking photo taken.
Typically, at an initial hearing, a judge will order a person to report to the basement for processing, including getting their booking photo taken.
Whether or not the new felony charge would affect Sanchez’s bond and booking, Leffler said it is up to the new court and judge whether to revisit the amount of bond required.
What sentence could Mark Sanchez face?
Sanchez allegedly chased and then threw the older man to the ground, according to court documents. Police said the man defended himself with a knife, stabbing Sanchez multiple times.
Both men were hospitalized after the fight.
Sanchez is facing three misdemeanor charges and one count of battery resulting in serious bodily injury, a level 5 felony. If found guilty of a level 5 felony, Sanchez could face a term of 1-6 years behind bars and be fined up to $10,000, according to the Indiana Code.
Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears also said in a news conference Oct. 6 that his office could file additional charges against Sanchez if new evidence emerges.
Jade Jackson is a public safety reporter for the Indianapolis Star. You can email her at Jade.Jackson@IndyStar.com and follow her on X, formerly Twitter @IAMJADEJACKSON.
This article originally appeared on Indianapolis Star: Where is Mark Sanchez’s police mugshot? What to know
Reporting by Jade Jackson, Indianapolis Star / Indianapolis Star
USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect

