Yield: 4 pieces
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Toast slices of bread one-half an inch thick on the broiler directly under the flame, or on a toaster fitted for a burner on top of the stove.
- Brown on one side, then turn and brown on the other.
- When both sides are an even golden brown, butter one side, care being taken to butter the edges.
- Set the toast on an enamel plate or tin pie-pan in the oven, until all the pieces are ready for serving.
- Always serve toast very hot.
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)