- 1 pound dates
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together; adding the beaten egg yolks and 1 egg white, fold in the other beaten egg whites last.
- Spread batter 1/2 ft thick in pan and bake 1/2 hour at 350 f.
- An hour before serving, break half the cake in pieces and arrange on platter.
- Over this, slice 3 or 4 bananas and one can of red or white sweet cherries.
- Break up the other half of cake and pile on top of fruit in a mound.
- Over this, pour one can of crushed pineapple and let stand until ready to serve.
- Spread whipped cream over all and decorate with cherries and nuts.
Source: Stout’s Favorites (1955-01-01)