Yield: 4 servings
- two pounds fresh beef tongue
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Wipe the tongue well.
- Place in a kettle and cover with cold water.
- Add the vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, and boil slowly until it seems tender when pierced with a fork.
- (It should boil at least two hours.
- ) Take the tongue from the water, and remove the skin and roots while it is still warm.
- Cool, and slice thin.
- This may easily be cooked in the fireless cooker, in which case the water with which the tongue is covered must be brought to a good boil on the stove, and then removed to the cooker.
- If the tongue is very salty, soak in cold water for two hours.
Source: A Thousand Ways To Please a Husband (1917-01-01)
Advertisements - Click the Speaker Icon for Audio