Home » News » National News » Ohio » Former U.S. Casting Co. director charged with grand theft, accused of stealing $100K
Ohio

Former U.S. Casting Co. director charged with grand theft, accused of stealing $100K

(This story was updated to include new information.)

CANTON ‒ The former operations director of U.S. Casting Co. is facing a grand theft charge, accused of stealing more than $100,000 from the company.

Video Thumbnail

Christopher Kaminski , 44, of Louisville, was arrested July 24 and is scheduled to be arraigned Aug. 1 in Stark County Common Pleas Court.

The owner of the business located at 722 Mulberry Road SE reported the theft Jan. 17. He told police Kaminski had been fired on Dec. 19 because he stole $1,800 dollars from the company. Kaminski paid the amount back from his paychecks.

A subsequent internal review revealed two fraudulent invoices from U.S. Casting’s customers to Kaminski, according to the court and police records. The owner said the customer would pay for their product but make the payment out to Kaminski, not U.S. Casting. Two such transactions, of $49,192 and $39,781, were reported, according to a police complaint.

The company also alleges that Kaminski stole $20,040 from the payment for a product that U.S. Casting bought from another company.

U.S. Casting’s website says it pours carbon, low-alloy steel with gray and ductile iron, in weights ranging from 10 to 8,000 pounds.

No attorney is listed in online court records for Kaminski. He is free on his own recognizance following his release from jail on July 29.

A message was left with U.S. Casting Co. seeking comment.

Reach Nancy at 330-580-8382 or nancy.molnar@cantonrep.com. 

This article originally appeared on The Repository: Former U.S. Casting Co. director charged with grand theft, accused of stealing $100K

Reporting by Nancy Molnar, Canton Repository / The Repository

USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect

Related posts

Leave a Comment