Thousands of local protestors on the side of Indiana 933 between Douglas Road and Angela Boulevard participate in the national "Hands Off!" rallies on Saturday, April 5, 2025, in South Bend, Ind. The protests are for what organizers call the President Donald Trump administration’s “ongoing attacks on democracy, public services, and the rights of everyday people.”
Thousands of local protestors on the side of Indiana 933 between Douglas Road and Angela Boulevard participate in the national "Hands Off!" rallies on Saturday, April 5, 2025, in South Bend, Ind. The protests are for what organizers call the President Donald Trump administration’s “ongoing attacks on democracy, public services, and the rights of everyday people.”
Home » News » National News » Indiana » 'This Is OUR Future too!' youth rally scheduled for Saturday in downtown South Bend
Indiana

'This Is OUR Future too!' youth rally scheduled for Saturday in downtown South Bend

Organizers have announced plans for the “Youth Protest and Rally: This Is OUR Future too!” from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Jon R. Hunt Memorial Plaza in front of Morris Performing Arts Center, 211 N. Michigan St., South Bend.

In a press release, organizers said the event will focus on youth showing support for the funding of scientific research, the Department of Education, immigrants, foreign students whose visas have been or might be revoked, the diversity of thought and culture, and safe learning environments free of gun violence.

Video Thumbnail

“We and those who support us are determined to fight for our liberties and the liberties of marginalized groups,” organizers said in the press release.

Organizers urge attendees to bring signs voicing their support for one or more of the above topics.

The rally is being held in collaboration with the Michiana Social Justice Coalition.

As The Tribune previously reported, thousands of demonstrators gathered April 5 along Indiana 933 for a local “Hands Off!” rally to protest executive orders and decisions made by President Donald Trump’s administration and as part of 1,200 such rallies held nationwide that day.

This article originally appeared on South Bend Tribune: ‘This Is OUR Future too!’ youth rally scheduled for Saturday in downtown South Bend

Reporting by Andrew S. Hughes, South Bend Tribune / South Bend Tribune

USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect

Image

Related posts

Leave a Comment