Blue Water Healthy Living

CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE

National Sports

Nets guard Dinwiddie still has virus, to miss NBA restart

Brooklyn Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie said Tuesday he will not join the team in Orlando to resume the NBA season after testing positive for a second time for COVID-19 on Monday (AFP Photo/Harry How)
Brooklyn Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie said Tuesday he will not join the team in Orlando to resume the NBA season after testing positive for a second time for COVID-19 on Monday (AFP Photo/Harry How)

(AFP)

Brooklyn Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie said Tuesday he has again tested positive for COVID-19 and will not compete in the NBA season restart at Orlando, Florida.

Dinwiddie announced last week he had tested positive for the deadly virus, then confirmed in a Twitter posting Tuesday he had again tested positive.

Advertisements - Click the Speaker Icon for Audio

“After another positive test yesterday and considering the symptoms, @BrooklynNets, team doctors and I have decided that it would be in the best interest for me and the team that I do not play in Orlando,” Dinwiddie tweeted. “I will be supporting the guys every step of the way!”

At 30-34, the Nets are trying to secure one of the final two Eastern Conference playoff spots. They are just ahead of Orlando (30-35) with Washington (24-40) a longshot to knock either out of a playoff spot.

The NBA season was shut down on March 11 after Utah’s Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID-19. Tuesday is the deadline to finalize lineups to begin training camps ahead of a July 30 resumption of play, each club playing eight games to complete the season.

Related posts

It’s a girl for golfer Michelle Wie and husband West

Agence France-Presse

NFL stretches virtual off-season workouts to May 29

Agence France-Presse

Italy’s Gallinari stresses safety in NBA comeback plan

Agence France-Presse