PORT HURON, MI – After serving the community for over 30 years out of Ross Bible Church in Port Huron Township, Sister stations 90.7 Hope FM and Power 88.3 FM, announced TODAY that they are purchasing the building at 908 Military Street in downtown Port Huron. The move will add another major media organization to the downtown district, and join the continued downtown development.
About the move, Station Director, Brian Smith said, “The stations have been serving the Blue Water Area, Michigan’s Thumb and southwestern Ontario for over 30 years. Our current location in Port Huron Township has served us well but we have outgrown the space and feel that moving to the heart of downtown will not only raise our visibility but it’s a chance for us to invest even more in our local community.”
908 Military has housed a number of businesses in the past but has been a vacant storefront for quite some time. The stations will do a complete renovation of the building, while keeping the integrity of the historic features. Plans include having the main studio in the front window on Military Street. All local companies will be used to do the work including Sanctum Contracting as the general contractor.
Smith continued, “We already host a variety of concerts and events at McMorran and have fantastic partnerships with other local non-profits and businesses downtown… we are excited to expand relationships even more by being in our new location.” The stations will close on the building January 31st and construction is ready to begin soon after. The stations plan to move into their new home in the Summer of 2019.
90.7 HopeFM & Power 88.3 provide local positive radio for the entire family and encouraging events for the Blue Water Area, Michigan’s thumb, and Southwest Ontario. Listen live at 90.7fm or 88.3fm or on the web at Power883.com or 907HopeFM.com.
ABOUT 90.7 Hope FM and Power 88.3 FM:
• 90.7 Hope FM and Power 88.3 FM are listener-supported radio stations, operating under the umbrella of Wonderful News Radio, Inc.
• Locally owned and operated since May 1986
• We provide positive, encouraging and family-friendly music and programs for Michigan’s Thumb and Southwestern Ontario
• Local staff who live in and care about the area
• Bring great concerts and events to our local area. Past shows have included For King and Country and Skillet, The Newsboys, Mercy Me and Casting Crowns. Upcoming events include Get In The Game Men’s Conference, Bloom 2019 (an evening for high school and middle school girls) and comedian, Tim Hawkins Live on Stage.
ABOUT THE MOVE:
• Purchasing the building at 908 Military. Closing by the end of the month
• Sanctum Contracting is ready to begin renovation to begin immediately
• Plans include a front window studio on Military
• Provide a stable anchor business on the south side of downtown
• The first phase of fundraising has finished with just of $100,000 raised. They are working to match that amount by March 1st
• If construction goes smoothly they hope to move in by Summer of 2019.
• The Goal is to be More Visible, More Accessible, More Involved to make
More Impact in the local community.