By Kathryn Dietlin
For some people, cooking refers to throwing a frozen pizza in the oven. For Kathryn Dietlin, it is a passion that she loves to share with her children.
In Kathryn’s Kitchen, our host Kathryn will show us how to cook delicious, affordable meals with her children, Landon and Avery.
In this episode, Kathryn puts together Scallops in a White Wine Sauce.
Advertisements - Click the Speaker Icon for Audio
The Recipe is Below
White Wine Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ¼ c. Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbs. capers, drained (optional)
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces of spaghetti or zoodles
- 1 pound scallops, medium size about 12-14 scallops, thawed completely if frozen.
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. olive oil
White Wine Sauce
- In a medium skillet, heat butter, olive oil and minced garlic on medium heat.
- Cook for about a minute, until garlic softens.
- Add wine. Bring to boil. Boil for several minutes until the amount of wine reduces approximately to half.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Bring to boil, and immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring at all times, until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Remove from heat. Stir in drained capers and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Taste, add more lemon juice if needed. Keep covered.
- Cook pasta or zoodles according to package.
- Add to sauce, stir to combine.
- Scallops must be thawed completely.
- Blot scallops with a paper towel to remove extra water.
- Season with salt.
- Heat 2 tbs. olive oil in a large skillet on high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add scallops, do not overcrowd the pan.
- Sear one side for about 4 minutes until scallops are a golden color.
- Turn scallops to the other side and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer them to the pan with sauce and noodles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out Kathryn’s Cooking Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/kathryn.diet.9