For some people, cooking refers to throwing a frozen pizza in the oven. For Kathryn Dietlin, it is a passion that she loves to share with her children.
In Kathryn’s Kitchen, our host Kathryn will show us how to cook delicious, affordable meals with her children, Landon and Avery.
In this episode, Kathryn cooks a healthy Mediterranean bowl with greek chicken and tzatziki.
Advertisements - Click the Speaker Icon for Audio
¼ c. olive oil
3 Tbs. garlic minced
1/3 fresh lemon juice
1 tbs. red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. dried oregano
1/3 c. plain Greek Yogurt
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a Ziploc bag, including chicken.
- Massage marinade into chicken and marinade up to 12 hours in fridge.
- Grill or bake chicken until tender. Cool and cut.
- 2 c. plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 tsp. kosher salt (for cucumbers)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 small lemon, about 2 tbs.
- 2 Tbs. fresh dill
- ½ tsp kosher salt to taste
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 1. Strain yogurt in cheesecloth, over a bowl, half-hour to 1 hour in fridge.
- 2. Slice cucumber lengthwise, scrape center with a spoon, then dice. Grate it if it easier to you. Add cucumber to mesh strainer and set over a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. Kosher salt and stir to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3. Use your hands to squeeze the salted cucumber over the sink. Don’t rinse it. Try to get out as much liquid as possible.
- 4. Stir cucumber into the yogurt. Add a little more salt to the mixture.
- 5. Add 1 clove minced garlic, zest from 1 lemon, and 2 Tbs. lemon juice from a lemon.
- 6. Add 2 Tbs. fresh dill, ½ tsp. salt, 1 Tbs. Olive Oil, and few grinds of black pepper.
- 7. Stir all together. Chill for 1 hour. Store covered in fridge.
Check out Kathryn’s Cooking Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/kathryn.diet.9