[PORT HURON, January 23, 2020] – Dr. Geof Kusch has been elected as chairman of the YMCA of the Blue Water Area at the board’s annual meeting on January 23, 2020. The meeting also featured the election of Kevin Miller as vice chairman, Ronda Ryan as secretary and Chris Martin as treasurer.
“Here at the YMCA, we have been blessed with wonderful people who care about our community,” said Denise Brooks, President/CEO of the YMCA of the Blue Water Area. “It is an exciting time at our Y and I look forward to working with our new and existing board members, who all bring talents that make our Y stronger.”
In addition, the board welcomed three new members:
• Kevin Miller, St. Clair County RESA
• Scott Crawford, St. Clair County Council on Aging
• Stephanie Eagen
Advertisements - Click the Speaker Icon for Audio
Two board members were elected for a second three-year term:
• Bill Gratopp, St. Clair County Commissioner
• Dr. Annette Mercatante, St. Clair County Health Department
The board acknowledged the contributions made by three retiring board members who have served in a variety of board, committee and leadership roles:
• Peter Eppley, Port Huron Housing Commission
• Keith Flemingloss, Retired
For more information, visit bluewaterymca.com or call (810) 987-6400.