By: Dave King
In this edition of the “Right NOT to Remain Silent”, I have a few questions for you. They are as follows:
- If you deleted 33,000 emails that were under subpoena in a Court case, would you be guilty of trying to hide evidence?
- If you took a hammer and destroyed all of the devices that contained those emails, would you be charged with destruction of evidence?
- If you were “investigating” a suspect, but concluded his/her innocence before you even interviewed them, would you have any credibility as an investigator?
- If you plotted to undermine the election of a United States President, would you be guilty of sedition?
- If you headed an agency that refused to give Congress the documents that they had subpoenaed, would you be guilty of Contempt of Congress?
- If you colluded with others to enrich yourself by selling the assets of the United States to a foreign entity, would you be guilty of colluding with the enemy?
- If you set up a charity, which proved to be a sham, and which provided only five percent of the donations it took in to people in need, would you be guilty of fraud?
- If you set about to frame a presidential candidate by publishing false or unverified stories about him of her, would you be guilty of liable?
- If your husband or wife was the subject of a criminal investigation, and you met with the prosecutor just days before a decision to prosecute or not, would you be guilty of interference with the judicial process?
- If as an investigator, you conspired with your married lover; your boss; and the prosecutor in charge of the case; to prosecute a defendant without evidence, would you be guilty of the crime of Conspiracy?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions; this is how your government in Washington D.C. would treat YOU. Unfortunately, you are not part of the Washington “Elite”.
Dave King is a Port Huron native and 35 year veteran of law enforcement serving in various policing capacities including uniform patrol, investigations, supervision, training, and administration. His experience includes serving as a chief of police and a director of public safety in localities across the nation with service populations from 5,000 to over 2,000,000. Dave also served at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to lead the Center’s rapid response team, forensic division, and cold case division.
Dave has been a training consultant to the U.S. Department of Justice, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, and Penn State University. He holds a Master’s Degree from Michigan State University, and is a graduate of the F.B.I. National Academy in Quantico, Virginia. For the past several years he has served as an instructor in Criminal Justice Programs at St. Clair County Community College, in Port Huron.
If you enjoy the perspectives on BWHL, “like” us on Facebook!
Disclaimer: Blue Water Healthy Living is an online magazine located in Port Huron, Michigan. Our purpose is to promote healthy living by showcasing the Blue Water Area, its people, issues and surroundings. This online magazine is devoted to providing healthy living related stories, local happenings, and commentary. Often inspiring and uplifting, our stories come from our heart and soul to promote the enjoyment of a more fulfilling Blue Water Area lifestyle. The material on this web site is provided for informational and amusement purposes only and is not to be confused with any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The views and opinions expressed do not necessary reflect the opinions and values of Blue Water Healthy Living.