Enjoy and click here for more great recipes!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large soup pot.
- Add carrot, celery and onion.
- Cook until vegetables have begun to soften and onion turns translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in butternut squash, thyme, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until squash is fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to purée soup.
- Alternatively, let the soup cool slightly and carefully purée in batches in an upright blender.
This recipe was originally published on September 13, 2016
Disclaimer: Blue Water Healthy Living is an online magazine located in Port Huron, Michigan. Our purpose is to promote healthy living by showcasing the Blue Water Area, its people, issues and surroundings. This online magazine is devoted to providing healthy living related stories, local happenings, and commentary. Often inspiring and uplifting, our stories come from our heart and soul to promote the enjoyment of a more fulfilling Blue Water Area lifestyle. The material on this web site is provided for informational and amusement purposes only and is not to be confused with any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions and values of Blue Water Healthy Living.