We all know that Coney Island restaurants are known for Coney Dogs but if your are looking for something a little healthier than a chili dog you can find some really great soups on their menu. One of my personal favorites is Chicken Lemon Rice. Look tasty? You can try this tasty recipe out on a chilly Michigan winter day and serve it with warm pita bread. Mmmmm good!
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup long-grain white rice
2 cups cooked chicken, diced (a rotisserie chicken works great for this)
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (do not use bottled)
- Add broth and rice to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Add chicken to pot.
- Remove soup from heat and cover.
- In a separate bowl, whisk lemon juice into eggs until frothy.
- Ladle out about 1 cup hot broth from soup pot and slowly whisk it into the eggs, whisking continually.
- Slowly stir the warmed eggs into the pot of soup.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe comes from whatskpcooking.com.