We all know that Coney Island restaurants are known for Coney Dogs but if your are looking for something a little healthier than a chili dog you can find some really great soups on their menu. One of my personal favorites is Chicken Lemon Rice. Look tasty? You can try this tasty recipe out on a chilly Michigan winter day and serve it with warm pita bread. Mmmmm good!
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup long-grain white rice
2 cups cooked chicken, diced (a rotisserie chicken works great for this)
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (do not use bottled)
- Add broth and rice to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Add chicken to pot.
- Remove soup from heat and cover.
- In a separate bowl, whisk lemon juice into eggs until frothy.
- Ladle out about 1 cup hot broth from soup pot and slowly whisk it into the eggs, whisking continually.
- Slowly stir the warmed eggs into the pot of soup.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe comes from whatskpcooking.com.
Disclaimer: Blue Water Healthy Living is an online magazine located in Port Huron, Michigan. Our purpose is to promote healthy living by showcasing the Blue Water Area, its people, issues and surroundings. This online magazine is devoted to providing healthy living related stories, local happenings, and commentary. Often inspiring and uplifting, our stories come from our heart and soul to promote the enjoyment of a more fulfilling Blue Water Area lifestyle. The material on this web site is provided for informational and amusement purposes only and is not to be confused with any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions and values of Blue Water Healthy Living.